Sunday, August 03, 2008

Education is wasted on the young

Most of my weekend has been taken up with studying towards several assignments and some end of course work for University. I'm not getting any younger so why do I do this to myself? Maybe, despite the feeling of exhaustion, because I really enjoy it! In fact, that has to be the driver for almost all OU students. All of us would be out of the education system if it where not for the Open University. Participating in events in, for example. Secondlife, only makes it all the sweeter. It gives me access to people and teaches me new skills I wouldn't have the opportunity to practice elsewhere. For example, I'm running a discussion group inworld on Wednesday about "Life on Mars" - How cool is it that I get the opportunity to hone skills like that :)

No comments: