Saturday, July 28, 2007

Disneyland - Not for pussys!

I will NEVER go to Disneyland again during the school holidays. We have been to Disneyland Paris several times but last week (hence my lack of posts), was the first time I have ever been in the official holidays and the queues where horrendous. To cap it all, Europeans must be the most careless people on the planet judging by the amount of bruising on my legs where people where getting to close behind me in those queues. I lost count how many times I got trodden on. I also like to keep a little free air around me but it seems people waiting in line for rides think that doing that will make their queue time longer. One women stayed so close to me througout an hour long wait, that I practically gave her a piggy back! One tip - Wait until the evening parade. At this time, everyone is watching it and then afterwards, most of the parents take the tired and winging kids back to the hotel. From this point on, the rides are virtually empty and the considerate people come out. All except those that decide queuing is not for them and proceed to jump into the closed "fast pass" lane, bypassing all those people that have patiently stayed in line. When I mentioned it to one of the attendants they told me "oh, the fast pass queue is now closed". When I asked them why they are still letting people on through the fast pass lane, they looked at me blankly. Perhaps Disney only employ dim staff? I hate to say it but the Americans do Disney way better then the Europeans and are much more curtious to the patrons. We will be experiencing that again early next year..... watch this space......


Despite all that, we had a ball! The place we stayed was a little off the beaten track but it was very nice and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a slightly cheaper alternative to the Disney hotels. The people that run it where really nice. One tip though, if you take this option, hore a car. The shuttle is about 10 GBP per trip so can get expensive..


We also went Eurostar for the first time (We usually fly). I think I will be flying next time. Eurostar was ok but the round trip for us was 10 trains. If you have to carry your baggage for the entire journey, which we did, then it becomes very tiring. I would rather hop to the Airport, lose the bags until the other end and only suffer 2 planes. If you like trains though, it's a good choice.






No comments: