Thursday, June 14, 2007

So you think you have problems?


Damn this system sometimes! I spent most of the evening uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 after it virtually forced me to install it. aftwich, I couldn't access an-eeee-thing!!!

To cap it all, I then couldn't access my blogger account. Why do people make things so difficult sometimes. Anyway, what made me happier was a quick wander around the garden to reduce the stress. The flowers (see pic) have come out great this year and it's still (relatively) early. Also the veg patch is coming on nicely to. Nothing to eat from it yet but I did start a little late. Better timing next year I hope.

Yesterday was pretty good in the end to. I had a visit to one of our people in the afternoon who has just moved to a new house. And what a fantastic house too! I think it was owned previously by someone in the leisure industry as it has an underground recording/rehearsal studio. I'm not talking an small room that you couldn't swing a cat in. This was very spectacular. In addition to the very large house with a host of extensions, massive grounds and a lovely indoor/outdoor (the glass panels pull right back) pool this is the sort of house anyone would love to live in. To complete the setting, uninterrupted views of the countryside from the back of the property.

Apparently, no-one knows who the previous owner was so the mind starts to wander to someone really famous or so rich they can afford such follys. I wonder who....... Answers on a postcard (I can't obviously tell you where it was).

So, After work, another visit to the cinema to see the new version of "Hitcher". The old one was the one that I think launched Rutger Hauer's career in film and was extremely scary. The new one isn't a patch on it. I would compare it to the original slasher movies of the 80's like that one set around a lake where everyone gets killed (name escapes me). And thats pretty much it. No real atmosphere at all and certainly yukky rather then scary. Maybe I'm just getting immune to it. You see worse things in real life these days unfortunately. I've got something to say about the current news story about parenting and obesity but thats gonna have to wait til later as I have to get back to work soon.....

No comments: