Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Busy weekend!

This weekend was pretty good all in all. I had decided to finally balance things a little. So a day of work and a day of play!

Work day weapon of choice? Study. I had and assignment due this week so I thought I had better get that finished and then in the post. I also thought I had better catch up with a little work from another course I'm doing.

Later on in the day, the urge to go to the cinema stuck me so I did! Nothing like spontaniety. I signed up for one of those "unlimited" cinema passes! Wow! being an avid film watcher anyway, 10.99 a month and I get to see as many films as I want. Blockbuster and the like are going to lose out big time if they don't get there act together on the rental front. The cost of hiring a film and all the hassle that goes with it (posting etc) are not warranted if you can just pop into the local fleapit anytime you like. Online film downloads are just not there yet are they? So, after paying ofr my first months subs and then watching both Oceans 13 and Pirates I think I got my moneys worth in the first weekend. Anything else is a bonus.

Sunday, sunday...... I trip to London :-) I couldn't believe the cost of a travelcard. £17. The rail and public transport companys are going to have to do much better then that if they want us to leave our cars behind and use them. Flippin heck - it would have only cost me a fiver in the car and then 4 quid for a ticket to ride the tube (which I have to say has improved recently). Some recommendations for places to visit - The national Portrait gallery (fantastic and free), and the Science Museum (above). The latter always a great place to visit which is (mostly) free.

The evening was a stroke of luck! A friend had a spare ticket to see George Michael at Wembly stadium! The chance to see the new wembly on the weekend of it's first concert was a chance not to be missed. Oh, and George was good too! ;-) Only kidding, he is brilliant as he always has been. Shame about his troubles. He didn't seem to worried about offending his partner though which I was a bit shocked about (Easily shocked obviously)!

Anyhooo.

No comments: