Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good luck China

Today, the Chinese space agency launches it's third manned space mission. The Shenzhou 7 mission will carry three "taikonauts" into space and include a 40 minute spacewalk hopefully on Friday. Recently, the ISM in Secondlife held an auction to sponsor the Chinese exhibits and I won the auction to sponsor the  CZ-3B. Here is my sponsorship plaque near the exhibit :ISM Sponsership

 

 

 

 

ISM Sponsership2

 

 

 

And this is the actual model. This is a sister to the launch vehicle being used in today's launch - The Long March IIF. The launch today will be between 1pm and 2:30pm BST and the Chinese Space Authority will be webcasting the mission live such is there confidence. Future missions will assist in setting up a Space laboratory. Good luck China. I have everything crossed that things go well for you.

3 comments:

Greg Withnail said...

Did that sponsorship cost big bucks Becky?

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah - I am paying for half the Chinese manned spaceflight budget.... But back on planet Earth.. No. It was very affordable. The ISM ran an Ebay auction. There were several up for grabs and I was lucky that no-one bid against me on this one. There are some more coming up soon. Do you want me ot let you know when?

Greg Withnail said...

Yes please!