Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Finally on the home straight

Yesterday, I delivered the final assignment on my current course. I had to drive all the way to Cambridge to deliver it so that it wasn't late. As I heard it plop on my tutors mat a wave of relief came over me and my shoulders must have dropped about 2 inches. Only 1 assignment (CMA) and an exam to go and then I have finished 2008's presentations and  I can truly concentrate on S207. Everything starts to get very real after the arrival of the name and address of your tutor, the dates for your first tutorials and you see the date for the first TMA looming large.  I need to make sure I use the face time with other students provided by the tutorials.  It is becoming clear to me that studying is so much better when you can interact with others in the group. It will also help me over my shyness of group discussions.  Being able to actually stick my hand up and ask those questions I always want to ask would be fantastic. With that aim in mind, I also intend to go to more IOP lectures. The ones I have been to (with one exception) have been so good for practicing your "Networking" skills and of course for learning about what other people are doing. As time goes on, I'm feeling less of a fraud :)

No comments: