Friday, December 07, 2007

Health and Safety Local government styley

I had a real laught yesterday (must quit doing that as it gives you crows feet)! I recieved a Memo stating that the Health and Safety people had said that the paths outside the office where wet and before departing for lunch, employees should fill in a risk assessment form. Part of it was real, I'll leave you to guess which bit. Promptly followed up by another that we must no longer put things on the walls with Bluetack unless we fill in the Asbestos log first and seek permission (Probably in triplicate). Has local government Health and Safety gone mad?

I spent some time in London this week with some friends watching a lecture by John Zarnecki at the Royal Society. He developed one of the instruments that went to Titan (one of the moons of Saturn). The penetrometer. I wondered how many email content and spam checking packages would allow that through! If you have never seen the lecture, go. He is a good speaker and a charismatic person. It was nice to see the Royal Society too.

I've also spent some time developing the new North Herts and Luton OUSA Branch website. One of my first attempts so not entirely professional but a good start (IMHO). Take a look at http://www.ousa-nhl.org Actually, I'm feeling a bit bogged down with things at the moment so maybe time to take in a movie this week. I hear the New Christian Slater movie is pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.